After you create a new template, you are prompted to start building the template design, which includes configuring its appearance and fields. Also follow these steps when editing an existing template.
This tutorial walks you through creating a template using the Template Editor.
The sample images on this page are for Google Pay templates. Please refer to each step's linked documentation for full detail for both Apple Wallet and Google Pay template options.
What You'll Do
In this tutorial, you will:
- Select a template to design.
- Configure the template's appearance and fields.
- Save the template.
Features and options are explained along the way.
Select a Template
If you would like to edit an existing template:
- Open your project from the
then click Templates.
- Click anywhere in a template's row to see its expanded view, then
click the Edit Design button. If you have only one template in the
project, the initial view is expanded.
- Continue with the design steps below.
Edit the template's appearance and fields.
- Configure the General Settings
that apply to the entire template.
Click in the previewer to select each image, and make your changes.
- Edit the content and placement of the Fields. Click in the previewer to select a field and its configuration pane will display on the right side of the screen along with an indicator arrow.
- Click the Save button at any point during the design process.
Send Test Pass
Send the pass to yourself so you can preview it on a mobile device. See: Pass Distribution Methods: Test Pass.
You are now ready to generate passes based on your template. You can do so by using the Reach API, or by uploading a CSV file via the dashboard.