Segments are reusable audience selection criteria. They are used with the Publish feature to apply template design changes to Apple Wallet passes that have already been distributed. Create a segment instead of recreating your audience selections every time you update a pass. Segments are created within a project and can be used for any Apple Wallet template within that project.
See also: Targeting.
What You'll Do
In this tutorial, you will:
- Open your project.
- Navigate to the Segments menu.
- Select tags and conditions.
- Name the segment.
- Save the segment for use.
Features and options are explained along the way.
Open your project from the dashboard, then click Segments.
Create a New Segment
Tags are selected from — not created by — the Segments Builder. Select tags that you have already created and attached to passes. See the API: Tags documentation.
- Click the New Segment button to open the Segments Builder.
- Select whether the conditions you set will apply to All or Any passes
in the project. The default statement is "Include passes where All of the
following are true." Use the All/Any dropdown menu to change your selection.
- All = all criteria must be met (Boolean AND)
- Any = any criteria must be met (Boolean OR)
- Choose is or is not from the next dropdown menu.
- Enter your search term, and click to select from the listed search
results, if any.
If you would like to set multiple conditions, click the Add a condition button and continue with your specifications.
To remove an additional condition, click the X at the end of its row.
- Enter a descriptive name.
- Click the Save button, or Exit to discard.
Click the Segments menu link to return to your list of segments.
Update a Segment's Passes
To update a segment's passes, use the Publish feature. When choosing which passes to update, select the radio button for A specific segment, then select your previously created segment. See: Publish Tutorial.
See: Segments Menu Guide.