Use Publish to apply template design changes to Apple Wallet passes that have already been distributed. See Change Applications to see which template changes will be applied via Publish.
While Publish is not supported for Google Pay, Google Pay passes will automatically update with any changes made to class fields. See details below in Change Applications: Google Pay.
What You'll Do
In this tutorial, you will:
- Open your project.
- Navigate to the Templates menu.
- Select a template.
- Choose which passes to apply the changes to.
- Choose when to update the passes.
- Apply the changes.
Features and options are explained along the way.
- Open your project from the
then click Templates.
- Click anywhere in a template's row to see its expanded view.
If you have only one template in the project, the initial view is expanded.
- Click the Publish button to open the Publish screen.
- Choose which passes to update. Select the radio button for All passes, or
A specific segment.
- The number of passes that will be updated follows the option for All passes.
- Choose a previously created segment from the dropdown menu, or click the link to create one now.
- Choose when to update the passes. Select the radio button for either Now
or At a Specific Date and Time.If sending At a Specific Date and Time, either choose a date from the
calendar that appears after clicking the date field, or manually enter
in YYYY-MM-DD format. Use the dropdown menus to make time selections.
- The time zone is when the pass will be updated, not the passholder's time zone.
- Scheduled updates must be within 30 days of the current date.
- Click the Confirm Publish button to apply template changes, or Cancel to discard.
You will be returned to the list of project templates. Click the Publish button again to see the status in the appropriate History table. You will receive an email once the syncing process has completed, and the status will update in the Published History table.
The history of scheduled and published updates are displayed in separate tables.
- Scheduled to publish is the date and time when the template update process is scheduled to initialize.
- Segment is either All Passes or the segment chosen for the update.
- Start is the date and time when the template update process was initialized.
- End is the date and time when the template update process ended.
- Status displays either In Progress, Completed, or Error.
Cancel a Scheduled Update
In the Scheduled Updates table, click the trash can icon at the end of any row, then click the Yes button to confirm, or cancel to discard.
When you Publish pass updates, changes apply to:
- Logo text
- Back of pass fields
With the exception of logo text, any changes made to fields on the front of the pass will not be applied to currently distributed passes.
While Publish is not supported for Google Pay, Google Pay passes will automatically update with any changes made to class fields.
How it works:
- If a class value
class.*is changed, all passes will be changed.
- On Update Pass, only that pass is updated. Class values are not sent with the update object when updating passes, so there is no effect on other passes.
Any field preceded by
class constitutes a class field. For a full list of
class fields, please visit the
Google Pay documentation.