If you have an iOS app that works with your pass, you can add a link to the app from the back of a pass by creating an association between the app and the project by entering the app's iTunes Store Identifier (ADAM ID). Learn more in Settings Menu Guide: Associated App ID.
What You'll Do
In this tutorial, you will:
- Log in to your Apple Developer account.
- Enable the iOS app for use with passes.
- Open your project.
- Navigate to the Settings menu, and choose Associated App ID.
- Enter and save the ADAM ID.
Enable the Wallet Service
Make sure you perform these steps using the same Apple Developer account that is associated with your app's Apple Pass Type Certificate.
- Log in to your Apple Developer account, navigate to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles, select App IDs from the left side menu, then click the row of app you want to edit. You should then see a list of services associated with the app.
- Click the Edit button at the bottom of the page.
- Check the box for Wallet, then click the OK button to confirm.
Although this change may take a few hours to propagate throughout Apple's system, you do not need to resubmit your app for approval. You can now add the ADAM ID to your project.
Add the ADAM ID to the Project
- Open your project from the
then click the Settings gear and select Associated App ID.
- Click the Configure ADAM ID button, then enter the ADAM ID.Existing ADAM IDs are listed in individual panes. Click the X at the end
of a row to to delete.If you have another app to associate with the project, click the +Add An ADAM ID button to create an additional field. They will be listed as ADAM ID 1, ADAM ID 2, etc.
A quick way to find the ADAM ID is to copy the numbers at the end of the app's iTunes URL. If the URL is https://itunes.apple.com/app/id123456789, the ADAM ID is 123456789.
Another way is to navigate to iTunes Connect in the iOS Dev Center, find your app, and copy the Apple ID.
When using multiple ADAM IDs, list them in order of priority—the only one that will be used is the first one that is compatible with the user’s device.
- Click the Save button, or Cancel to discard.