Get Your API Key
In order to configure your Urban Airship application for FCM, you must first obtain an API key from Google.
- Log in to the Firebase console.
If you already have a Firebase project, open it now and skip to step 3.
- Click the Add project button, enter a project name in the
window that opens, then click the Create Project button.
- In the left side menu, click the gear icon next, then select Project
- Select Cloud Messaging from the options at the top of the screen, then copy the Server key and Sender ID values for use in the Urban Airship SDK step below.
Urban Airship Steps
Configure the Android Service
- Open your project from the Urban Airship dashboard, then navigate to Settings » Channels » Mobile App Platforms.
- Click Configure for Android, enter the API key from the completed Google Steps and the Firebase Package name.
- Click Save.
Configure the UA SDK
To send notifications, you must integrate the Urban Airship SDK into your Android application. See: Android: SDK Installation.