Add support for web push notifications to your project, or edit an existing configuration.
What You'll Do
- Configure Web Notify in your Urban Airship project's settings.
- Follow the SDK setup steps.
Safari Web Push Certificate
Safari configuration requires an Apple Safari Web Push certificate. If you don't already have it ready, follow the steps in our Support article, then proceed with the dashboard steps below: How to make an Apple Safari Web Push certificate.
When you make any edits to a previous configuration, you must ALSO update your website with the new configuration files. Make sure to complete the final step in the dashboard procedure: download your new SDK bundle. Then you can proceed with the Web SDK steps.
- Open your project from the dashboard, then navigate to Settings » Channels » Web Browsers.
- Click Configure. The button is labeled Edit if already configured.
- Complete the configuration form. The preview updates as you enter
information. Default fields are required.
- Default Title: The bolded title that appears above the message body. Typically your brand name.
- Default Action URL: The URL that opens when a user clicks your message. Typically your brand's homepage URL.
- Default Icon URL: Enter the URL for your default icon. If you have CDN
enabled, you will see radio buttons to select either Upload Icon or
Provide Image URL.
- Ensure the URL will be accessible by your mobile audience. HTTPS is required.
- Upload file size limit is 2MB.
- If you are including Safari support, the icon must be square and at least 256px x 256px.
- Secure Bridge for Open Web Push Protocol Browsers: Check this box if you have a non-secure (non-HTTPS) website.
- Add Safari Support: Optional.
- Click Add Safari Support.
- Enter Allowed Domains. These are the domains that are allowed to
request Safari registration permission from the user. Format must
https://. You may enter the domains as comma-separated or one per line.
- Click Choose File, then select your .p12 (exported certificate) file.
- Enter the certificate password, if any.
- Click Save.
- Click Configure My Project to generate your SDK download files. The button will be labeled Update My Project if you are editing a previous configuration.
- Click Download in the SDK Bundle pane, and save the zip file.
To remove Web Notify from your project, click remove this service.