- Find target data via search or
explore. As you make your selections, they will appear under Targeted Audience. To remove a selection, click the X icon at the end of its row.
- Search: Enter a term in the search field, then click to select from the listed results.To filter results, click the arrow to the right of the search box, then make your selection. You can select a filter before or after entering a search term.
- Explore by data type. Click to select from the listed results.Enter a term in the Filter results search box to help narrow your choices. To go back, click the breadcrumbs in the header of the Explore box.
- Use the ALL/ANY dropdown menu to choose what criteria must be met.
ALL = all criteria must be met (Boolean AND)
ANY = any criteria must be met (Boolean OR)
By default we include audience members if they meet ALL the conditions you select. For example, if you selected ALL, with tags “VIP” and “female,” you'd only reach female VIPs. If you selected ANY, you’d reach all VIPs and all females.
If this logic does not meet your targeting needs, you can create a Segment to define more complex, nested logic.
- Click the next step in the workflow's header to move on.
You can specify your message audience by a unique identifier, such as a device ID or email address, or by an identifier that may belong to or include multiple users, such as a tag or audience list. Learn more in Targeting.
|Tags and tag groups||✓|
|Predicted to Churn||✓||✓|
1 Segments constructed from tags, lists, device properties, location (API only), and location history.
Tags and Tag Groups
Tags are metadata associated with a device or user to track user attributes or behaviors. See: Tags and Named Users.
Named users are groups of channels that represent a single user. A single user may access your service via web, smartphone, email, etc. — all represented as separate channels in Urban Airship. You can map those channels to a single named user that you can target in your message audience. See: Tags and Named Users.
Audience lists are recipient groups based on either your own data or automatically generated lifecycle information. You can use Uploaded and Lifecycle lists with Target Specific Users. See: Audience Lists.
Audience lists are not supported for web channels at this time.
Urban Airship automatically collects data from your users’ devices, storing them as device property tags. See: Device Property Tags.
A device ID is a channel ID, named user ID, or device token.
Predicted to Churn
Predictive Churn analyzes your audience for users that exhibit behaviors indicating they are likely to become inactive, and tags the users as High, Medium, or Low Risk.
Segments are reusable audience selection criteria. Create a segment instead of recreating your audience selections every time you send a message. See: Targeting: Segments.