Segment is a customer data warehouse that lets you combine data from disparate applications and platforms. The Urban Airship/Segment integration maps Segment events to Urban Airship events for retargeting with Urban Airship Engage.
This integration implements hooks in your app for the following Segment methods:
For each Segment method, there is an equivalent Urban Airship feature to map to:
|Urban Airship Concept||Segment Concept|
|Screen Viewed Event (Only visible via Connect)||Screen|
Segment also provides an excellent overview of this integration.
- Integrate both Segment and Urban Airship SDKs into your project.
- If you do not yet have Urban Airship's SDK installed, follow the
steps in Segment's
Urban Airship Integration setup document.
You will install Urban Airship's SDK during Segment's setup process.
- If you already have Urban Airship's SDK installed and then install the
Segment SDK, either:
- Reinstall the kit through Segment for an SDK update and to map the events, or
- Map Segment events to Urban Airship-specific events, e.g., tags, custom events, etc.
- If you do not yet have Urban Airship's SDK installed, follow the steps in Segment's Urban Airship Integration setup document. You will install Urban Airship's SDK during Segment's setup process.
- Add the Urban Airship dependency and Segment integration to your project.
Use cases are specific to how you are using Segment, but this is an example of a supported integration: