Kochava helps you drive more effective ad spend by attributing ROI to specific channels, whether advertising, social, or in the case of Urban Airship, mobile engagement.
With Urban Airship Connect you can import mobile event data Kochava, effectively turning your own app into a publisher integration.
Then from the Kochava dashboard, configure notifications based on events as they come in.
More use cases:
- Better optimize ad spend with networks that have the lowest uninstall rates.
- Measure and optimize LTV based on conversion events and lowest acquisition cost channels.
- Increase user engagement by sending messages to users based on events in Kochava.
Associate a user's Advertising Identifier (IDFA, for iOS or AAID, for Android) with the Urban Airship channel ID. See ID Matching for details about this feature.
The Kochava SDK is required for this integration. If the IDFA or AAID isn’t set on the user, Kochava will not process any data.
Add install custom events by following the example code found here in addition to the steps below.
Add the iOS Advertising ID:
// Get the current identifiers let identifiers = UAirship.shared().analytics.currentAssociatedDeviceIdentifiers() // Set the advertising ID info identifiers.advertisingID = ASIdentifierManager.sharedManager().advertisingIdentifier.UUIDString; identifiers.advertisingTrackingEnabled = ASIdentifierManager.sharedManager().advertisingTrackingEnabled; identifiers.vendorID = UIDevice.currentDevice().identifierForVendor?.UUIDString // Associate the identifiers UAirship.shared().analytics.associateDeviceIdentifiers(identifiers)
// Get the current identifiers UAAssociatedIdentifiers *identifiers = [[UAirship shared].analytics currentAssociatedDeviceIdentifiers]; // Set the advertising ID info identifiers.advertisingID = [[ASIdentifierManager sharedManager].advertisingIdentifier] UUIDString]; identifiers.advertisingTrackingEnabled = [ASIdentifierManager sharedManager].advertisingTrackingEnabled; identifiers.vendorID = [[UIDevice currentDevice].identifierForVendor UUIDString]; // Associate the identifiers [[UAirship shared].analytics associateDeviceIdentifiers:identifiers];
Automatically track the Android Advertising ID:
Manually track the Android Advertising ID:
// Get the Android Advertising ID info - This call is blocking and should be done in a // background thread. AdvertisingIdClient.Info adInfo = AdvertisingIdClient.getAdvertisingIdInfo(getContext()); UAirship.shared().getAnalytics() .editAssociatedIdentifiers() .setAdvertisingId(adInfo.getId(), adInfo.isLimitAdTrackingEnabled()) .apply();
- Open your project from the dashboard, then click Settings and select Connect Integrations.
- Under the Connections heading, click Kochava.
- Configure a new Kochava integration:
- Enter a user-friendly name and description.
- Check the box if you'd like to send location events through this connection.
- Click the Save & Create Access Token button.
- Copy the App Key and Access Token and save in a secure location.
You will not be able to view the App Key and Access Token after leaving this screen, so copy and save them now. You may, however, add new tokens and delete existing tokens. See: Manage Connect Integrations.
- Click the Save & Exit button.
You'll need your saved App Key and Access Token for this. Your Urban
Airship Master Secret is listed as optional, but you can grab it from
your project's Settings menu:
- Open your project from the dashboard, then click Settings and select APIs & Integrations.
- Copy the App Master Secret from the Urban Airship API tab.
Once you’ve enabled the integration, we’ll start sending events from this app to your Kochava instance. Events processed: