In This Section
Insight is an add-on service. Please talk to your Urban Airship Account Manager to enable Insight for your account, or follow the steps below to enroll in a trial.
Add Insight to Your Account
- Choose your project from the Urban Airship dashboard, then click Insight in the navigational header.
- Click the Start Your Free Trial button.
- Enterprise customers: You will be prompted to complete an enrollment
You will be notified via email when Insight has been added to your account.
After that, you are ready to
set your industry.
- E-Commerce customers: Continue with the steps below.
- Enterprise customers: You will be prompted to complete an enrollment form: You will be notified via email when Insight has been added to your account. After that, you are ready to set your industry.
- Click the button to Try Insight for 30 days. You will then see a banner stating that you have successfully activated your Insight trial. E-Commerce customers can manage add-ons at any time in by going to Your Account » Billing.
Once Insight is enabled for your account, user-level events and messages you send will start appearing in the dashboard. Please wait 24 hours for events to appear in your dashboard.
Only those with Owner, Administrator, or Full Access permissions may set the Insight Industry. All other users will be able to access a generic set of dashboards. If you see that no industry is assigned and you do not have permission to change it, ask your app owner or administrator to log in set the app industry.
- Choose your project from the Urban Airship dashboard, then click Insight in the navigational header. The first time you open Insight after enrollment, you will be notified that it will take 24 hours for events to populate the dashboards. Click the Next button to close the window.
- Click Industry in the upper right corner of the dashboard, choose
your industry and sub-industry from the dropdown menus, then click
the Change Industry button.
For assistance with choosing the appropriate industry, please see our list of available industry types.
Set up is complete! You are now ready to use the Dashboards and Reports.
Below are the possible choices for the Industry setting, along with brief explanations.
- These are business apps that provide a B2B or B2E utility, meant to be used by B2B customers or employees of businesses. Includes app interfaces or versions of B2B SaaS platforms.
- Charities, Foundations, and Non-Profit
- Apps that provide an interface between the end user and a non-profit entity, charity, foundation, and/or apps whose purpose is to generate revenue for a cause.
- Apps that provide training and learning opportunities for consumers as well as apps for schools or learning institutions.
- Apps that provide entertainment in the form of video streaming, music, movie apps, TV, radio, artist apps.
- Apps to manage finances, banking, investment, insurance.
- Food & Drink
- Apps managed by restaurants and beverage companies as well as recipe/cooking content apps.
- Apps that allow you to place bets/gamble.
- Apps that include free and paid gaming.
- Apps that include national & breaking news, local news, newsstand, books, magazines as well as radio.
- Medical, Health & Fitness
- Fitness tracking, health management, pharmacy, health reference.
- Grocery, discount/deals, specialty retail (i.e. greeting cards or toys), fashion, bog box/warehouse.
- Networking, messaging, dating, communication.
- Sports & Recreation
- Team apps, sports news, recreation.
- Travel & Transportation
- Airline, automotive, hotel, bookings, rail, vacation rental, public transportation.
- Utility & Productivity
- Navigation, reference, weather, other tools for productivity.