In This Section
Insight is an add-on service. Please talk to your Urban Airship Account Manager to enable Insight for your account, or follow the steps below to enroll in a trial.
- Choose your project from the Urban Airship dashboard,
then click Insight in the navigational header.
If you have not yet added Insight to your account, click the Sign up for
a Trial button, and complete the enrollment steps. After you are notified
that Insight has been added to your account, come back here to complete set
Once Insight is enabled for your account, user-level events and messages you send will start appearing in the dashboard. It can take up to a few hours for events to appear in your dashboard, based on your app user behavioral patterns.
- Click the Get Started button.
- Choose your industry and sub-industry from the dropdown menus, then click
the Continue button.
For assistance with choosing the appropriate industry, please see our list
of available industry types.
This step is applicable only to those with Owner, Administrator, or Full Access permissions. All other users will be able to access a generic set of dashboards. If you see that no industry is assigned and you do not have permission to change it, ask your app owner or administrator to log in set the app industry.
Set up is complete! You are now ready to use the Dashboards and Reports.
Below are the possible choices for the Industry setting, along with brief explanations.
- These are business apps that provide a B2B or B2E utility, meant to be used by B2B customers or employees of businesses. Includes app interfaces or versions of B2B SaaS platforms.
- Charities, Foundations, and Non-Profit
- Apps that provide an interface between the end user and a non-profit entity, charity, foundation, and/or apps whose purpose is to generate revenue for a cause.
- Apps that provide training and learning opportunities for consumers as well as apps for schools or learning institutions.
- Apps that provide entertainment in the form of video streaming, music, movie apps, TV, radio, artist apps.
- Apps to manage finances, banking, investment, insurance.
- Food & Drink
- Apps managed by restaurants and beverage companies as well as recipe/cooking content apps.
- Apps that allow you to place bets/gamble.
- Apps that include free and paid gaming.
- Apps that include national & breaking news, local news, newsstand, books, magazines as well as radio.
- Medical, Health & Fitness
- Fitness tracking, health management, pharmacy, health reference.
- Grocery, discount/deals, specialty retail (i.e. greeting cards or toys), fashion, bog box/warehouse.
- Networking, messaging, dating, communication.
- Sports & Recreation
- Team apps, sports news, recreation.
- Travel & Transportation
- Airline, automotive, hotel, bookings, rail, vacation rental, public transportation.
- Utility & Productivity
- Navigation, reference, weather, other tools for productivity.