In This Section
Exploring describes how to work with Reports. Each dashboard has the same basic layout and options above the dashboard’s reports.
Layout and Options
The dashboard name is followed by the app’s industry. At the end of the same row is the time the reports in the dashboard last ran, and a gear icon dropdown menu. To download a formatted PDF of the dashboard, click the dropdown menu and select Download as PDF.
Optionally edit the default file name, then click a button to either Open in Browser or Download.
If the wrong industry selections were made during during set up, click the industry and sub-industry shown in the upper right corner of the dashboard, select from the dropdown menus, then click the Change Industry button. This requires Owner, Administrator, or Full Access permissions.
The next row displays the dashboard’s default Filters and a Run button. Click anywhere in the row to expose the filter options.
Each dashboard contains multiple reports of various Visualization types. While the formats differ, each report can be further explored from dashboard, as well from within the Explore view:
- Hover over displayed data to see detail pop-ups.
- Click report data or any gear icon to expose Download and Explore options.
Click a report’s name from the dashboard to go directly to the Explore view. Once there, you can begin to further slice the chosen report. The Explore view is the same for all reports.
The header includes the report name, and a Run button and gear icon dropdown menu are at the end of the header row.
The left side menu contains a search field for the Dimensions and Measures beneath it. Toggle the menu exposure by clicking + / - in the upper right corner of the menu. Selections made in the left side menu are immediately reflected in the Filters and Data sections of the Explore view.
- The default value for the App Name filter is the current Engage app name.
- Click the plus sign (+) at the end of a filter row to add another filter of the same type, which will be processed as a Boolean OR. Click the X to remove an added filter row.
- After making changes to filters, click the Run button. The reports will update, and a last ran time stamp will appear to the left of the button after its first run.
Check the box for Custom Filter at the end of the Filter section header to expose the entry box.
Each report opens to its default Visualization type. To view the report in another Visualization format, click an icon in the section header. Click the ellipses at the end to expose a dropdown menu with additional choices. Click Edit or the gear icon at the end of the header to see options sepecific to the selected Visualization type.
Static Map (Regions)
Static Map (Points)
Some Visualization types may be incompatible with the Dimensions and Measures available in a report.
Data is essentially the Table type of Visualization.
To bookmark your explorations, open the Explore view in a new window. Ctrl+Click (Windows) or ⌘++Click (Mac) any report name or data point. You can then use your browser’s bookmark feature to save the explored view.
Region Events are explored via Location reports, except for the User Locations heat map. The following are definitions of filters, dimensions, and measures found in Location reports.
If you change the Date Range on the Location dashboard, it will not be reflected in the Explore page.
- Recent Activity Hours
- If not selected, this filter will default to 12 hours. If multiple numbers are input, it will use the minimum number. If the filter is selected but no number is input, it will use 1 hour.
- Dwell Indicator
- Indicates whether an Arrival event has been matched to a Departure event. The events must be consecutive events for the same User in the same Region within 12 hours.
- Dwell Time Tier Hours
- Buckets Dwells by hours. Tiers are [0,1,2,3,4,5,6]. Dwells are placed into the intervals or 6 hours+.
- Dwell Time in Min Tier
- Buckets Dwells by minutes. Tiers are [0,1,5,10,30,60]. Dwells are placed into the intervals or 60 minutes+.
- Had Direct Open/Indirect Open/Send
- For each Arrival event, we look back the number of selected hours (Recent Activity Hours) to see if that Arrival was preceded by the selected action.
- Unique Regions Encountered
- The number of unique regions encountered by each user, Arrival or Departure.
- Unique Regions Encountered Tier
- Buckets unique regions. Tiers are [0,5,10,20,40]. Users are placed into the corresponding interval or 40 Regions+.
- Direct Open / Indirect Open / Send Count
- The number of each event preceding the Arrival.