Insight data is viewed as Explores and Reports. This document describes how to work with those views.
Read Insight Dashboards and Spaces to learn how to access Insight.
An Explore is the default view of a pre-defined query, and the explore view is the interface for manipulating the data. Urban Airship-provided explores are accessed via Spaces. You can also access the explore view from any Report.
The left side menu contains a search field for the Dimensions and Measures beneath it. Toggle the menu exposure by clicking + / - in the upper right corner of the menu. Selections made in the left side menu are immediately reflected in the Filters and Data sections of the Explore view.
- The default value for the App Name filter is the current project name.
In Insight filters, the "app name" is the project name.
- Click the plus sign (+) at the end of a filter row to add another filter of the same type, which will be processed as a Boolean OR. Click the X to remove an added filter row.
- Check the box for Custom Filter to expose the entry box.
Each explore opens to its default Visualization type. To view the data in another Visualization format, click an icon in the section header.
Click the ellipsis at the end to expose a dropdown menu with additional choices. Click Edit or the gear icon at the end of the header to see options specific to the selected Visualization type.
Static Map (Regions)
Static Map (Points)
Some Visualization types may be incompatible with the Dimensions and Measures available in a report.
Data is essentially the Table type of Visualization.
A Report is a saved version of a customized explore. Every report is built from a basic explore, and reports can then be grouped in a dashboard. Urban Airship-provided reports are accessed via Dashboards and Spaces.
- Hover over displayed data to see detail pop-ups.
- Click report data or any gear icon to expose Download and Explore options.
Click a report's name from the dashboard to go directly to the Explore view. Once there, you can begin to further slice the chosen report. The Explore view is the same for all reports.
See Save and Schedule Reports to learn how to create your own customized reports and new dashboards.
To bookmark your explorations, open the Explore view in a new window: Ctrl+Click (Windows) or ⌘++Click (Mac) any report name or data point. You can then use your browser’s bookmark feature to save the explored view.
Region Events are explored via Location reports, except for the User Locations heat map. The following are definitions of filters, dimensions, and measures found in Location reports.
If you change the Date Range on the Location dashboard, it will not be reflected in the Explore page.
- Recent Activity Hours
- If not selected, this filter will default to 12 hours. If multiple numbers are input, it will use the minimum number. If the filter is selected but no number is input, it will use 1 hour.
- Dwell Indicator
- Indicates whether an Arrival event has been matched to a Departure event. The events must be consecutive events for the same User in the same Region within 12 hours.
- Dwell Time Tier Hours
- Buckets Dwells by hours. Tiers are [0,1,2,3,4,5,6]. Dwells are placed into the intervals or 6 hours+.
- Dwell Time in Min Tier
- Buckets Dwells by minutes. Tiers are [0,1,5,10,30,60]. Dwells are placed into the intervals or 60 minutes+.
- Had Direct Open/Indirect Open/Send
- For each Arrival event, we look back the number of selected hours (Recent Activity Hours) to see if that Arrival was preceded by the selected action.
- Unique Regions Encountered
- The number of unique regions encountered by each user, Arrival or Departure.
- Unique Regions Encountered Tier
- Buckets unique regions. Tiers are [0,5,10,20,40]. Users are placed into the corresponding interval or 40 Regions+.
- Direct Open / Indirect Open / Send Count
- The number of each event preceding the Arrival.