Read the Exploring Overview to learn how to work with the data.
The dashboard is the Urban Airship web interface located at go.urbanairship.com. It has two levels:
- A list of all your message and pass projects.
- An individual message or pass project, after you've opened it from the list of all your projects.
We also refer to Insight dashboards, which this document explains. Each dashboard is a collection of topical reports, also known as "looks." See also:
Insight is accessed from a messaging project's Reports menu. Open your project from the Urban Airship dashboard, click Reports, then select Insight.
The project header shows the project icon, name, and environment type. Directly below are the names of Insight's default dashboards. Click a dashboard name to open it.
Click your project's icon to return to the project dashboard. Return to the list of all your projects by clicking the Urban Airship logo at the top of the page.
Layout and Options
Each default dashboard has the same basic layout and options.
- The dashboard name is followed by the project's industry. At the end of the same row is the time the reports in the dashboard last ran, and a gear icon dropdown menu.
- The next row displays the dashboard's default Filters and a Run button.
- Below the dashboard information and controls are the reports themselves.
Download as PDF
To download a formatted PDF of the dashboard, click the dropdown menu and select Download as PDF. Optionally edit the default file name, then click a button to either Open in Browser or Download.
Click the Filters dropdown arrow to expose the filter options.
- The default value for the App Name filter is the current Engage app name.
In Insight filters, the "app name" is the project name.
- Click the plus sign (+) at the end of a filter row to add another filter of the same type, which will be processed as a Boolean OR. Click the X to remove an added filter row.
- After making changes to filters, click the Run button. The reports will update, and a last ran time stamp will appear to the left of the button after its first run.
The number of reports, as well as the styles and options, vary per dashboard. No matter the format, each report's pane has a title and a menu. Click the title to open the report in Explore view.
Hover your mouse over a report's pane, and an ellipsis icon will appear in the upper right corner. Click the icon to see the two options.
Read more about reports in Exploring Overview: Reports.
A Space is where you save customized reports and new dashboards that you create, as well as where you can find Urban Airship-provided explores, reports, and dashboards.
Spaces are accessed via the Spaces menu, located to the right of the gear icon in the header row of any explore, report, or dashboard. When you click it, a dropdown menu will appear.
The left side of the menu shows icons for the three spaces:
- Personal: This is your personal space where you can save your dashboards and reports specific to your app. No one else in your organization can see this area.
- Group: In the Group area you can share your dashboards and reports with others that have access to the app your are viewing. If you would like to save Reports or Dashboards across multiple apps, use this space.
- Shared: These are Urban Airship curated dashboards and reports that all customers have read access to. You won't be able to save any content to this area. Read more about the Shared spaces below.
Shared spaces contain explores and reports.
The explores found here are provided as ways to navigate to the base explores that our reports and dashboards are derived from. Their primary differences:
- App Explores are limited to your currently selected project's data.
- Company Explores support aggregate metrics across multiple projects, for any project you have access to through Team Access.
To get started, click the gear icon and select Explore from Here.
See: Explores Definitions.
Specialized reports are in spaces named for each of the
Default Dashboards. Return to the
default dashboard by clicking the link at the top of the space's menu:
If you have just recently purchased Insight, you must wait for your dashboards to be populated with data.
The Overview dashboard displays the user count for each report. Quickly understand active users and high-level message metrics
The Predictive dashboard is a view into Predictive Churn risk groups, distribution of users across and opt-in rates within the risk groups, as well as the performance of churn mitigation.
Predictive tags are added on Sundays, and the reports default to the most recent Sunday.
The Lifecycle dashboard displays the user count for each Active Users report. Line graphs show user counts over time and broken down by platform. View trends of new users and app uninstalls.
The Messages dashboard report displays detailed results of your messaging.
The Cohorts dashboard displays reports of user activation and retention data.
The Revenue dashboard helps you understand key performance indicators associated with revenue generation or related events. This dashboard is customized based on your Industry type. All your custom events are in this dashboard as well.
The Location dashboard provides a way for you to understand where your active users are, as well as their behaviors.
The User Locations report is based on automatic location events via a device's GPS. The remaining reports are based on usage of our Region framework via Gimbal and other beacon providers. See the Location Triggers guide.
Region data exists as Arrival or Departure records triggered by entering or exiting a region. A region is defined by either a geofence or beacon.
In the Location dashboard’s filter:
- Recent Activity refers to activity prior to an Arrival. By default, the Recent Activity Window is twelve (12) hours and affects recent send, direct open, and indirect open calculations.
- Date Range refers to the date range of region activity. The Recent Activity Window will always extend the appropriate number of hours prior to the date range.
See Exploring Overview: Region Events for information specific to exploring Location reports.
The Profile dashboard displays current tag count reports.
The Device Properties dashboard provides information about your users' devices. Urban Airship SDK version, app version, opt-in enabled/disabled, and other device-relevant metadata is accessible via this dashboard.