In This Section
The Dashboard is what we call the navigational and informational views of your Urban Airship projects.
When you create a project in the Urban Airship dashboard, you are creating an application record for your iOS or Android app. For Web Notify, your project is your website. Your Urban Airship app record is what we use to generate the required keys you’ll need to talk to different push notification services and keep track of your audience, messaging campaigns, analytics, and so forth.
There are two levels:
The top-level dashboard is a list of all your projects, with a Create Project button in the upper right corner. Check out Getting Started to create a new project.
Each project’s pane displays its name, environment, and platform(s). Open a project by clicking its pane.
If you have more than eight projects, up to four of your most recently accessed projects are displayed under the Recent header.
Narrow down your list with Sort, Filter, and Search.
- Sort: The default view is sorted by creation date, newest projects first. Click the Name or Date Created buttons to sort further. Click again to toggle ascending/descending order.
- Filter: Filter by environment type, Team Access, and/or platform. Owner shows projects you own, and Team shows projects you have non-owner access to.
- Search: Search for projects by entering a complete or partial project name.
Recent projects are not shown when Sort, Filter, or Search are applied.
When logged in to go.urbanairship.com, you can return to your projects by clicking the Urban Airship logo in the left side of the navigational header.
When you open a project, you are taken to the Project Dashboard, where you can configure the project, create messages, assess use, and access tools.
To switch between your four most recent projects, click the down arrow next to the current project’s name, then click to select. A link to view all projects is at the bottom of the list.
The project dashboard has four menus:
- Messages has your message history, message personalization, logs, tools, and more. See: Messages Menu Guide.
- Audience contains information about your app or website users, and tools to help you effectively target your messages. See: Audience Menu Guide.
- Reports provide in-depth analysis of your use of Engage. See: Reports Menu Guide.
- Settings is where you set up and configure your project. See: Settings Menu Guide.
Compose a Message
Click the Create button and select a message composer. See: Composer Overview.
Below the project dashboard menus is an activity overview for the current month.
Monthly Activity does not include Web Notify at this time.
Click the arrows to change the month.
- Total App Pushes Sent: Monthly total to date, percentage change from prior month, daily trend.
- App Opens: Monthly total to date, percentage change from prior month, daily trend.
- Average Time In App: Average number of minutes (for the given time period) per user session, percentage change from prior month, hourly trend.
All messages for the month are listed, latest messages first. This list identical to Messages » Messages Overview » History. See: Messages Overview.
The Error Console provides a list of errors related to your project’s service settings, the implementation of your project, or any push notifications that you’ve attempted to send.
Click Error Console in the right side of page footer to expand the console and reveal any errors.