In This Section
The Dashboard is what we call the navigational and informational views of your Urban Airship apps.
When you create an app in the Urban Airship dashboard, you are creating an application record for your iOS or Android app. For Web Notify, your “app” is your website. Your Urban Airship app record is what we use to generate the required keys you’ll need to talk to different push notification services and keep track of your audience, messaging campaigns, analytics, and so forth.
There are two levels:
The top-level dashboard is a list of all your apps, with a New App button in the upper right corner. Check out the Getting Started to create a new app.
Each app’s pane displays its name, production status and platform(s). Open an app by clicking its pane.
Narrow down your list with Sort, Filter, and Search.
- Sort: The default view is sorted by creation date, newest apps first. Click the Name or Date Created buttons to sort further. Click again to toggle ascending/descending order.
- Filter: Production status and team access filter options are Production and Development, and Owner and Team.
- Search: Search for apps by entering a complete or partial app name or app keys.
When logged in to go.urbanairship.com, you can return to Your Apps by clicking the Urban Airship logo in the left side of the navigational header, or by selecting View All Apps from the your app’s dropdown menu.
When you open an app, you are taken to the App Dashboard, where you can configure your app, create messages, assess use, and access tools.
To switch to a different app, click the app name in the left side of the header, then use the search field, or select an app from the list that appears below the search field. Links to add a new app or view all apps are at the bottom of the list.
The app dashboard has four menus:
- Messages has your message history, message personalization, logs, tools, and more. See: Messages.
- Audience contains information about your app’s users, and tools to help you effectively target your messages. See: Audience.
- Reports provide in-depth analysis of your use of Engage. See: Reports.
- Settings is where you set up and configure your app. See: Settings.
Compose a Message
Click the Create button and select a message composer. See: Composer Overview.
Below the app dashboard menus is an activity overview for the current month.
Monthly Activity does not include Web Notify at this time.
Click the arrows to change the month.
- Total Pushes Sent: Monthly total to date, percentage change from prior month, daily trend.
- App Opens: Monthly total to date, percentage change from prior month, daily trend.
- Average Time In App: Average number of minutes (for the given time period) per user session, percentage change from prior month, hourly trend.
All messages for the month are listed, latest messages first. This list identical to Messages » Messages Overview » History. See: Messages Overview.
The Error Console provides a list of errors related to your app’s service settings, the implementation of your application, or any push notifications that you’ve attempted to send.
Click Error Console in the right side of page footer to expand the console and reveal any errors.