This tutorial shows you how to work with custom events in Insight and set up a user-defined property.
If you are using custom event properties, you can further break down report results by property. Our SDKs contain templates that make sending properties easier to manage and analyze.
- Open the Custom Events Table: Select Insight’s Revenue dashboard,
scroll down to the Custom Events Table report, then click the report
title to open it.
This table gives you a starting point for all the custom events that
happened during the specified time range.
Right-click the title of the Custom Events Table report and open it in a new window, then bookmark it. This way, you can easily return to your custom report.
- View the supported templated properties: Click the plus sign in the
upper left corner to display the left side menu, if it is not already open,
then open the Custom Event Properties category. This tutorial uses these
- Three User-Defined Property filters
- The Raw Properties dimension
- Three User-Defined Property dimensions Once you know the keys for the properties you would like to expand on, either select the templated name from the Custom Event Names in the Visualization or Data results, or set up a user-defined property.
- Set up a User-Defined Property. You may specify up to three total.
- Click the User-Defined Property 1 filter in the left side menu, then enter the key in the field after is equal to.
- Click the User-Defined Property 1 dimension in the left side menu.
This displays the actual value for the property that you specified in
the User-Defined Property 1 filter.
If you don’t know which key was used to send a custom event property, select the Raw Properties dimension. Locate the Customer Event Property in the Data results, then copy its corresponding key from the Raw Properties column.
- Process the report: Click the Run button in the upper right corner.